In the unknown lies the opportunity to push boundaries and lead the way.
As a Senior Concept Designer, Terje is involved in the earliest stages of a project. He analyzes clients' needs and explores technology advancements to create new concepts and innovative designs.
– I work at the stage where there is no solution, and you have to think abstractly and explore ways to make the client's needs and wishes into reality. I thrive when I can meet clients at the shipyard and discuss their challenges and how we can solve them. In the unknown lies the opportunity to push boundaries and lead the way.
Terje describes how having complete system competence in-house at SEAONICS is a success factor. He is constantly dipping into the knowledge of the other departments, bouncing ideas off each other to make innovative yet feasible solutions.
– I actively use specialized knowledge from other departments of the organization when mapping out how a solution can be realized, constantly pushing the boundaries of what already works - and what might work.
But innovation relies on another crucial factor, according to Terje.
– It's a massive privilege working with clients that trust us. In fact, a trust-based model results in better and more innovative solutions. When some details are left open and undefined at the early stages of a project, we can create something great together.
When he's not pioneering the maritime industry, Terje spends his days with his two kids.
– I used to travel a lot and was a keen skier. I've got tons of epic memories from the Sunnmøre alps and from traveling the world, like when I traveled across America by train or went to Cuba to celebrate finishing my master's. Nowadays, it's all about enjoying time with the kids and creating new memories with them. As a result, I'm now a UEFA C licensed grassroots coach for 30 little champions.
Terje describes how he appreciates working in a company where you can get involved in bigger parts of the projects. Even if it means that work and life sometimes clash.
– I've sat on a merry-go-round at a theme park on the phone with a client. But sometimes, when you've put in years of effort to win a contract in competition with some of the greatest in the industry, you step up the game to get on top of that podium. I enjoy the added responsibility and action that comes with working at SEAONICS!
Follow along for more employee stories.