Simon Sakseid stepped into SEAONICS in May 2022. Having just completed his bachelor's in product and system design, he describes the transition to professional life as seamless.
– I was happy to discover that the methodology of how we bring ideas to life at SEAONICS is pretty similar to how we worked at school. We analyze feasibility, calculate, model in 2D and 3D, and confirm model robustness before proceeding to production, Simon explains.
In his free time, Simon enjoys programming, 3D modeling and printing, and is also a bit of a hobbyist electrician. His inventive mind sparks many creative ideas, driving him to explore them until they are realized – occasionally testing his partner's patience with his pursuits. Luckily, he has an output for his passion for creating at work.
– What drew me to SEAONICS was the thrilling prospect of creating something new. Here, he explains with enthusiasm, I get to make cool things and push the boundaries of what is possible.
He goes on to share what stands out as a defining moment.
– My proudest moment so far was the first time I saw a real-life photo of something I'd contributed to making. My reaction was unexpected; Wow, did I create that? You work on a model on a screen for hours every single day. Suddenly it has taken shape, he says.
Alongside the innovative environment, the camaraderie among the team members is important to Simon. He expresses gratitude to his colleagues for mentoring him in his emerging career and always being there when he has questions.
– Things happen very fast here, and everyone is always ready to tackle new challenges. And if there's ever a problem, it's all hands on deck. An advantage of being such a flexible organization is that we can quickly adapt to the customer's needs.
Simon describes SEAONICS as a rewarding environment that nurtures growth and innovation, where enthusiasm and a desire to learn are reciprocated with trust and opportunity.
– I am really happy here; the job has exceeded all my expectations. It's incredibly fun, and I feel I've definitely found the right fit.